Anthology Senior Living’s response to COVID-19 / March 12
March 12, 2020
To Our Residents, Resident Families and Team Members,
The safety of our residents and team members is our highest priority. Amidst rising concerns and ongoing new information shared from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), the leadership team at Anthology Senior Living is taking a proactive approach to infection control best practices to keep our residents and team members safe. We understand times of unknown and changing information can be difficult. To provide transparency to the entire Anthology family, please find below the actions we have taken to date, additional precautions, and our plan should a resident or team member contract COVID-19.
Anthology is following all recommended guidelines from the CDC related to COVID-19 (coronavirus). Further, we are following guidelines published from each state’s health department or other licensing body regulating the senior living communities of that state. Federal and state guidelines are evolving, and we are closely monitoring the news from these resources for additional information.
Precautionary measures in place as of March 12, 2020:
- Instituted a ban on non-essential visitors in all our communities
- Essential visitors include staff, emergency medical personnel, hospice attendants, doctors, home health workers and private duty caregivers
- This ban is an additional precaution above current requirements in most states
- Restricted immediate family members from visiting our communities to emergency situations or if their loved one is in hospice. This is in effect from 3/12/2020 till 3/27/2020. Revised guidelines will be provided upon revaluation of the COVID-19 situation
- Required all guests visiting the community to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering or exiting
- Required visitors to enter a community through the main entrance and sign-in and sign-out at the concierge desk
- Required residents returning to the community following a hospital stay to present negative test results for COVID-19, or a note from their physician stating they are infection-free and do not pose a risk to others
- Limited corporate, regional and field-based personnel community visits to essential travel only
- Instituted additional screening questions for residents and team members to ensure they have not been exposed to COVID-19 or visited affected areas
- Prohibited entry to the communities by anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or those who have been in close contact with a person who has contracted COVID-19
- Prohibited entry to the communities by anyone who has traveled abroad in the last 14 days, or anyone sharing a household with a person who has traveled abroad in the last 14 days
- Suspended any trips to areas of public gathering including grocery stores, religious services, shopping malls, theaters, etc.
- We strongly discourage family members from taking residents out of the community to visit any area of public gathering. Visits to private family homes are acceptable
- Postponed or relocated all community events which include non-resident participants
- Strongly recommend that residents cancel or postpone all upcoming travel, including cruises and/or all flights
- Frequent disinfecting high-touch areas like doorknobs, elevator buttons, faucets and handrails
- Increased cleaning of high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spaces
- Reinforcing handwashing and infection control training for all residents and team members
- Providing additional personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies
- Increased trainings on Anthology Infection Control policy and procedures
- In the event of a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, each community will work with Anthology leaders, the local
- Department of Health, primary care providers and hospitals to ensure Anthology Infection Control policies and procedures, and all state and federal guidelines are adhered to in an effort to ensure maximum safety to all residents and team members.
We will continue to update residents, resident families, and team members as new information becomes available. Updates will be posted both on our website at www.anthologyseniorliving.com and via email. Should you have additional questions do not hesitate to reach out to the community Executive Director or email our corporate team at email@example.com
While this time of uncertainly is undoubtedly alarming, we want to assure you that we will be available and transparent through this process to ensure all your questions are answered. Please do not hesitate to reach out. The Anthology team is highly focused on making sure we keep our residents and team members safe.
President, Anthology Senior Living
These guidelines apply to all Anthology senior living communities except Anthology of Tanglewood as the community is currently operating as an unlicensed 55+ community. Separate guidelines are in place for Anthology of Tanglewood.